Sunday, June 28, 2009

Feeling a Bit Out of Sorts

After spending too much time on the computer trying to gain access to my FB account I decided it was time to cook something for my family. After reading how Lindsay has made poached eggs three days in a row I decided I wanted a poached egg or two. I went to the refrigerator and was disappointed to see that we only had 4 eggs left. Oh well, Laura and I would be happy with one and I'd make two for Brad. We had some delicious sourdough bread that Ben brought back from Bishop so I decided it would be poached egg on sourdough toast. Three of the eggs turned out beautifully, but as I was placing my egg on the toast it broke. Oh well, it still tasted good.










I keep checking my e-mail, but still no word from FB about a new password. I think maybe they don't work on Sunday.



I finally gave up on gaining control of my FB account today and went outside to enjoy the day. Today was not quie as nice as it was yesterday because the wind raised its ugly head. It was very hot, but also very windy.



Sitting outside I read part of Scarecrow by Michael Connelly. I am a fan of his work and I am really enjoying this book. Ironically a large part of the story has to do with computer hacking. Hmmmm.



We had planned on getting up very early and being at the golf course at 6:00 am ready to play, but we didn't wake up in time. The country club had a tournament going on at 8:00 and so we realized that if we were going to play today it would have to be later in the afternoon . Around 3:00 Brad decided he wanted to play and I decided I didn't want to play in the 100 plus heat and 30 mph winds.



After Brad left I sat down and planned the meals for the next week and made a grocery list. Then I decided that before going to the store I wanted to take a quick trip to the mall. Laura wasn't doing anything so she decided she would accompany me. I'm glad she did because she found a couple of cute tops at NY & co that I would have passed by. And she kept me from buying a top I am sure I would have regretted having in my closet. Some colors just aren't right for some people and yellow-green is not good on me.



After the mall Laura and I attacked the grocery store. I was pleased when I unloaded my cart to see that most of it was produce. We picked up some strawberries that are deliciously sweet! We also saw that the artichokes were on a good sale and I had to pick up enough for two meals. And they are gigantic!



When we got home Brad was already back from playing 9 holes. He claims that it was great. After we unloaded and put away the groceries Brad went out in the front yard and after being out for a few minutes he came back in and told us to go outside to see some baby quail. Laura and I stepped out the door and in a minute we saw the tiniest little birds following their mom. It was so cute. I wish I had been able to get a picture but I was afraid to get too close.


Since none of us had lunch today we were ready to get dinner ready. Tonight Brad grilled NY steaks and I cooked artichokes and got the watermelon ready. And we had fresh sourdough rolls.



Now it is time to do a little preparing to start the week up. I hear the clothes dryer calling my name. Maybe tomorrow I'll hear something from FB...


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your FB account. I would be lost if I didn't have access to it. That's how I am keeping up with all of my teacher friends since school is out for the summer. It helps me stay in the loop with what's going on with everyone. What did we do without it??? And btw, that steak looks so good - I am having steak withdrawals!

    ReplyDelete