Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yum!

I woke up this morning to Brad watching cooking shows.  We always enjoy these shows and I quickly learned that The Neely’s had cooked something that really peaked Brad’s interest. They grilled sweet and sour shrimp.  I wasn’t thrilled about the idea and then I read the ingredients in the marinade.  Really, any recipe that starts with red pepper flakes has my attention.

 

But before we went to the store to gather the ingredients that we needed Lindsay and I went out to get pedicures and our eyebrows (and lips for me) waxed.  This time I got a really nice pink called Strawberry Fields.  I like it!

 

Brad was starving when I got home so we went to this new place in town, Brooklyn Deli where we had great sandwiches.  We went there last Friday and I accidentally had rye bread.  Now, I hate rye bread.  I hate the smell and the taste.  But I didn’t want to take it back because it was my fault that I hadn’t checked the menu.  I thought I would just eat the meat, but I took a little taste of the bread,  Surprisingly it tasted good.  And the crust was crunchy and delicious.  But I don’t like rye bread so today I ordered my delicious roast beef on sourdough.  It was very bland and I wished I had the rye.  Go figure…

 

Then it was off to Costco and Albertsons.

 

We picked up these great big shrimp at Costco and were please when we got them home and found out that they were already deveined.  After a quick trip to Kohls where we met up with Lindsay and Ben so we could use their 30% off coupon, we started getting things ready for our meal. 

 

On the menu:  Sweet and Sour grilled shrimp, pasta and tomato and asparagus salad, and mixed berry shortcake.  And I decided to throw in a batch of lemon cupcakes from the Flat Belly Diet cookbook. 

 

We were very busy in the kitchen, but we had fun putting it all together.  Then it was finally time to try our dishes.  OMG  the shrimps were so good.  That was the best shrimp dish I have ever had.  All you heard were a lot of moans and groans.  Oh my they were so good.  MMMMMMM.  The pasta salad was excellent.  The blanched asparagus, the tomatoes and feta cheese were a nice combination with the rotini.  And then it was time for desert.  Once again OMG.  I had made some Bisquick  shortcakes to go with the berries and whipped cream.  This was so good.  It blew a regular strawberry shortcake out of the water.  This one had strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries that had been mixed with a little honey and liquer.  So good.  But now I am too full!!

 

I haven’t had a chance to taste the cupcakes but I know the batter was deliciosa and the icing with light and citrusey. 

 

That makes 7 days in a row of mouth watering delicious dinners. Wow!

 

Until later…

No comments:

Post a Comment