Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Humpity Dump Day

 

All day long I have been thinking that today was Tuesday.  But, hallelujah, today is WEDNESDAY!!  That means we only have one more day of work this week.  Oh I love 4 day work weeks.  It’s the only way to go :)

 

I keep thinking about season premier of The Biggest Loser last night.  I really wasn’t all that excited about seeing the show this season, but when I heard it was starting up again last night I figured I would have to take a look.  And, oh my, I am glad I did.  These poor people have a lot of work cut out for them.  Some of them have such a very long way to go to get healthy.  How many people on that show are over 400 pounds.  I lost track.  Two people even went to the hospital after the first challenge, although I don’t really know what to think about that one gal who was crawling before she “collapsed”.  Somehow “Drama Queen” keeps popping into my head.  She was doing too well in the first part of the mile race for her to have collapsed the way she did at the end.  Hmmm.  Maybe I’m just too cynical.

 

But who doesn’t love Abby.  Oh my.  The tragedy that she has had to live through.  I want her to win and find out what it is that she is meant to do.  I’m sure she will figure it out and honor her family in a big way – even if she doesn’t win!  I can’t imagine anyone being able to vote her off after hearing the story how her husband, daughter and tiny baby were killed in a car crash where the other driver was going 100 mph!  It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. And it was good to see Jillian so emotional.  It really took me by surprised when Jillian said that she had always figured that if people she loved were killed she would kill herself.  I know people say that (and I know I have thought that) but to hear it on television was a little shocking.  And then when she said that after seeing what Abby has been through and seeing how she picks herself up everyday and chooses to live her life she realized that she would have to be stronger if something tragic happened.   I was crying like a baby.

 

I will be rooting for Abby!

 

I still have to watch last week’s So You Think You Can Dance.  I am not a big fan of auditions, but these are the best ones of the reality shows.  I’m looking forward to when the top twenty are dancing.  Each season they seem more talented than the last.

 

I’m not sure what the plans are for the weekend.  Brad keeps toying with going to a class in Agoura.  I was hoping I could go with him and then go to Santa Barbara and spend a little time with Laura but “polish week” is taking all her time at Kappa.  She can’t come home the following weekend because of Bid Night on Saturday and we will be gone the 2 weekends after that.  So we just might have to go up on Sunday to see our girl. 

 

This morning on the way in to the office I was thinking about things coming up that we have planned.  I was thinking about going to see U2 and wondering what date it was.  All of a sudden I decided it was on the same day as the California Governor’s Women’s Conference.  Oh crap!  These are two things I really want to do and spent a pretty penny on!!  As soon as I got to the office I raced to my computer to see when the U2 concert was.  Boy, did I breathe a sigh of relief when I saw that the concert was on Sunday, October 25, and the Conference is on Tuesday, October 27!  Whew!!

 

Well, it is a quarter to 4 in the afternoon and and I’ve only had 32 oz of water.  I still need to drink 32 oz more at least.  I’d better get busy now or I’ll be up all night… :)

 

Time to get a little work done. Until later…

1 comment:

  1. PLEAASEE COME SEE ME SUNDAY!! pretty please...with a big red cherry on top :)

    ReplyDelete