Friday, September 18, 2009

A Nice Friday Morning

All week long we weren’t sure what we were going to do today.  Brad was toying with the idea of going to an endo course in Agoura.  Yesterday he decided that he wasn’t going to go since the weather was supposed to be great, making it a good day for golf.  Sounded good to me.  So this morning we got ourselves over to the golf course to show it what we could do.  Ha!

 

I started out having a poor game and never really improved.  I don’t know what was going on but I know I wasn’t comfortable.  At one point all I could notice was my little finger on my right hand and the way it was positioned with my left.  I hadn’t changed anything with my grip so I don’t have a clue why I was so obsessed with that. 

 

On a couple holes we had a good laugh at the big break they were giving the ladies today.  It was so pathetic that I had to take a picture. IMG_3863

I’ve played at enough courses where you actually had to drive up to the ladies’ tee  to know this was a joke.

 

As my game got worse my old nemeses took over.  First it was my shadow.  I thought I had been able to work through the shadow thing and just ignore it.  Not today!IMG_3867

When I see this all I can see is my big shadow.  Why do I look so huge??  Oh yeah, there is the ball.

 

Then we got to the 10th hole.  Oh yeah, this hole has had my number for a couple of months now.  It doesn’t seem to matter what I do I am bound and determined to hit my ball into the water.  It has quite a few blue Crystal balls in there now.

IMG_3873

Then we get to the 14th hole and it isn’t any better.  This hole has that same little lake that likes to eat my golf balls.  So I lost another one there today.IMG_3887

I played terribly, but I was glad to be out on the course.  I gave up keeping score after about the 6th hole and it was a lot more fun.  I think I might have broken one of my clubs if I had kept scoring.

 

We came home and immediately put on our swim suits and went out by the pool – which was 89 – 90 degrees!  Perfect when there is a breeze around.  And in Lancaster when is there ever not a breeze around?

lounging 2

Until later…

No comments:

Post a Comment