Monday, July 6, 2009

Another Monday…

 

I wasn’t able to find my pedometer yesterday and I was very frustrated by that.  I did find a little throw away pedometer that actually worked so I’ll be using that until I find or get a new one. 

Before going to bed last night I told myself I had to get up around 5:30 so that I could walk, wash my hair and get ready for work.  Well, my eyes popped on at 5:25.  Did I jump out of bed??  No, of course not.  But I didn’t go back to sleep either.  I listened to a book I have on tape but all the while I kept an eye on the clock.  I realized I wasn’t paying any attention to the book so I got up, got dressed and made up the bed while Brad went out and turned on the coffee maker.  He was surprised when he got back to the room because he thought he was going back to bed. 

Zoey saw me putting on my shoes and she was excited.  We headed out the door about 6:00 for a good walk.  For some reason this morning I decided to gently run.  It felt good!  I didn’t run the whole time, but I did put in a good mile.  By the time we got home I had logged 5600 steps – well on my way to 10,000 for the day!

I was trying to figure out how to take a picture of my breakfast today to make it interesting.  I decided to take the picture even before the oatmeal was ready…

IMG_3531

We got to the office and before anyone even said hello the staff was complaining that the A/C wasn’t working.  That wasn’t the best way to start the work day.  I called the A/C guys and while in our morning meeting we tried to think of what we could do to get it working ASAP.  Brad and Ben thought they had played with all of the circuit breakers, but after the meeting they tried a couple more places and lo and behold it worked!!  Since it is going to be at least in the 90s today we are thankful.  And I was able to cancel the repair people!! 

Well, time to get working…

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love the smiley breakfast! It makes me happy!!!

    ReplyDelete